18万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2020-5-27 15:04:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
11年12月考试《大学英语2(专科)》期末大作业-0001
试卷总分:100  得分:100
一、单选 (共 20 道试题,共 40 分)
No sooner had we sat down ______we found it was time to go.
A.while
B.when
C.than
D.as

The palace caught fire three times in the last century, and little of the original building ________ now.
A.remains
B.is remaining
C.is remained
D.has been remained

"I must be going now.""Oh, it's still early, _____ you stay a bit longer?"
A.wouldn't
B.won't
C.will
D.can

He felt it rather hard to be _____ the opinion of the majority.
A.with
B.of
C.in
D.against

Some pop singers have much influence _____ the young people.
A.to
B.onto
C.on
D.for

I don’t know why she avoids _______ her opinion on the subject.
A.to give
B.to be given
C.giving
D.being given

I’ll never forget the day ______ I became a doctor.
A.which
B.when
C.of which
D.in that

— Let me introduce myself. I’m Steward. — ____________________
A.What a pleasure.
B.Thanks a lot.
C.Pleased to meet you.
D.I don’t know.

About the sixth century A. D. when few Europeans could read, the Chinese ____paper.
A.invented
B.have invented
C.had invented
D.had been invented.

She is one of the newest film stars from America and has many fans, ________ in Europe.
A.specifically
B.specially
C.particularly
D.partially

"Paul may have gone to the playground to watch a football match." "No, if there'd been a match today, he_____ ."
A.would've told me
B.must've told me
C.might've told me
D.could've told me

— I have got a pain in my neck. — ____________________
A.Yes, you are quite right
B.Yes, I agree.
C.I’m sorry to hear that.
D.I’m feeling sick.

What is done cannot be _____.
A.untied
B.unfastened
C.undone
D.unbuttoned

"Have a drink?" "No thanks, _______ ."
A.I would rather not
B.I would not
C.I do not
D.I could not

Please return in an hour. I’ll be ready _____ then.
A.till
B.on
C.by
D.at

I ______on the door for ten minutes now without an answer.
A.was knocking
B.knocking
C.have been knocking
D.am knocking

— How about going to dinner at the Mexican restaurant tonight? — ____________________
A.That’s great!
B.Sorry, I like Mexican food.
C.Glad you like it.
D.Forget it.

He got a job so that he could be independent _____ his parents.
A.on
B.of
C.in
D.from

1. The old woman next door is very keen _____________ growing roses.
A.with
B.to
C.on
D.at

I ________ thank you too much for all your help to my son while we were away from home.
A.won’t
B.will
C.can’t
D.can

二、阅读理解 (共 4 道试题,共 40 分)
Part II Reading Comprehension (40 points)
Directions: There are four passages in this part. Each passage is followed by five questions or statements. Choose the best answer to each question or decide T/F for each statement.
Passage One
Our child’s behavior is greatly influenced by the way we react to what he has done. Our reactions help to determine whether our child will repeat his behavior or whether he will do something different. This statement is a very important part of a principle of behavioral psychology.
The principle states that a behavior is influenced or affected by how the environment — people, places and things — immediately responds to the behavior. Perhaps without realizing it, you have used this principle many times.
On the occasion when you told your child what a good boy he was after he cleaned up his room, you used the principle. When you sent your child to his room for fighting with his brother, you used the principle. When I gave Kim a cookie after she started to cry, I used the principle. In each of these examples, a particular behavior occurred first — cleaning up a room, fighting, and crying.
In addition, there was a reaction to each behavior — the child was praised, sent to his room, or given a cookie. By these actions, we have influenced the previous behaviors and have helped to determine whether those behaviors will occur again in the future.
(1).The lecture is mainly about Children’s behavior and our response.
A.T
B.F

(2).The lecture is based on the principle in behavioral psychology.
A.T
B.F

(3).The audience at this lecture might be social workers.
A.T
B.F

(4).According to the lecture, the child was sent to his room as a kind of reward.
A.T
B.F

(5).People, places and things are elements of “environment” meant by the lecturer.
A.T
B.F

Passage Four    When John and Victoria Falls arrived in New York City for one-year stay, they did not bring very many things with them. They had planned either to live in a furnished apartment or to buy used furniture. But they soon learned about a new system that more and more people are using. The renting of home furnishings (bed, tables, dishes, and so on) has become one of America’s fastest growing businesses.
    What kinds of people rent their home furnishings instead of buying them? People who are international business or government officials, foreign students, airline workers, young married couples — people whose job or business may force them to move frequently from one city to another. They save a lot of trouble and the cost of moving their furniture each time. They simply rent new furniture when they reach their new homes. Young people with little money do not want to buy cheap furniture that they may soon dislike. They prefer to wait until they have enough money to buy furniture that they really like. Meanwhile, they find they can rent better quality furniture than they could afford to buy.
    One family, who now have a large, beautiful home of their own, liked their rented furniture so much that they decided to keep renting it instead of buying new things. But usually people don’t like to tell others about it. The idea of renting home furnishings is still quite new, and they are not sure what their neighbors might think.
(1).Which of the following has become one of America’s fastest growing businesses?
A.Selling used furniture.
B.Selling home furnishings.
C.Renting home furnishings.
D.Renting furnished apartments.

(2).Why do some people prefer to rent furniture?
A.Because they can always get better quality furniture
B.Because the furniture they get in this way is new.
C.Because it saves them much trouble and money.
D.Because it saves them a lot of money.

(3).What can you infer from the passage?
A.The idea of renting furniture is not acceptable.
B.Renting furniture is not popular in the couple’s hometown.
C.People usually grow to like the furniture they have rented.
D.Only those who don’t have enough money rent furniture.

(4).Which of the following can best serve as the title of the passage?
A.Rent or Buy?
B.Furnished Apartments.
C.A New Way of Getting Home Furnishings.
D.A New Idea.

(5).Young people liked renting home furniture in that ________.
A.They have less money
B.They don’t want to buy old furniture
C.The new furniture is of good quality
D.The new furniture is of good quality

There are three kinds of goals: short-term, medium-range and long-term goals.

Short-term goals are those that usually deal with current activities, which we can apply on a daily basis. Such goals can be achieved in a week or less, or two weeks, or possibly, months. It should be remembered that just as a building is no stronger than its foundation, long-term goals cannot amount to very much without the achievement of solid short-term goals. Upon completing our short-term goals, we should date the occasion and then add new short-term goals that will build on those that have been completed.

The intermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals. They might deal with just one term of school or the entire school year, or they could even extend for several years. Any time you move a step at a time, you should never allow yourself to become discouraged or overwhelmed. As you complete each step, you will enforce the belief in your ability to grow and succeed. And as your list of completion dates grow, your motivation and desire will increase.

Long-term goals may be related to our dreams of the future. They might cover five years or more. Life is not a static thing. We should never allow a long-term goal to limit us or our course of action.
(1).Our long-term goals mean a lot ________.
A.If we put forward some plans
B.If we have dreams of the future
C.If we complete the short-term goals
D.If we cannot reach solid short-term goals

(2).New short-term goals are built upon ________.
A.your achievement in a week
B.the goals that have been completed
C.current activities
D.a daily basis

(3).When we complete each step of our goals, ________.
A.we will win final success
B.we should have strong desire for setting new goals
C.we should build up confidence of success
D.we are overwhelmed

(4).What is the main idea of this passage?
A.we should set up long-term goals.
B.The limitation of long-term goals.
C.Life is a dynamic thing.
D.Different kinds of goals in life.

(5).Which of the following statements is wrong according to the passage?
A.We should often add new short-term goals to those which have been completed.
B.The long-term goals cannot amount to very much without the achievement of solid short-term goals.
C.The intermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals.
D.Life is a static thing, thus we should never allow a long-term goal to limit us or our course of action.

People often say that the Englishman’s home is his castle. They mean that the home is very important and personal. Most people in Britain live in houses rather than flats, and many people own their homes. This means that they can make them personal, and change them in any way they like. Most houses have a garden, even if it is a small one, and the garden is usually loved. The house and the garden are the private space of a person. In a crowded city a person knows that he or she has a private space which is only for himself or herself and for invited friends.
People usually like to mark their space. If you are on the beach you may have spread your towels around you; in the rain you may have put your coat or small bag on the seat beside you; in a library you may spread your books around you.
Once I was traveling on a train to London. I was on a section for four people and there was a table between us. The man opposite to me had his briefcase on the table. There was no space on my side of the table at all. I was unhappy. I thought he thought that he owned the whole table. I had been reading a book about nonverbal (非语言的) communication so I took various papers out of my bag and put them on his case! When I did this he suddenly became angry and his eyes nearly popped out (突出) of his head. I had taken up his space! A few minutes later I took my papers off in order to read them. He immediately moved his case to his side of the table.
(1).The home matters greatly to Englishmen.
A.T
B.F

(2).The British can own private space like the house and the garden.
A.T
B.F

(3).According to Paragraph 2, if you spread your books around you in a library, it means you want to tell others the space belongs to you.
A.T
B.F

(4).The man opposite to the writer showed that he owned the whole table by reading a book.
A.T
B.F

(5).The writer tried to get back his space by moving the case off the table.
A.T
B.F

三、完型填空 (共 2 道试题,共 20 分)
Part IV Cloze (20 points)
Directions: There are ten blanks in the following passages. And there are five choices marked A), B), C), D) and E). Match each blank with the right choice.
Passage One
Social customs and ways of behaving are changing. (41)##_ was considered impolite many years ago is now acceptable. Just a few years ago, it was thought to be impolite behavior for a man to smoke in the street. No man who thought of himself as being a gentleman (42)##_ a fool of himself by smoking when a woman was in the room.
Customs (43)##_ from country to country, but the important thing (44)##_ is not to do anything that might make other people feel (45)##_, especially if they are your guests. You are expected to find a way to keep them from feeling foolish.
(1).
A.would make
B.what
C.vary
D.uncomfortable
E.to remember

(2).
A.would make
B.what
C.vary
D.uncomfortable
E.to remember

(3).
A.would make
B.what
C.vary
D.uncomfortable
E.to remember

(4).
A.would make
B.what
C.vary
D.uncomfortable
E.to remember
答案:E
(5).
A.would make
B.what
C.vary
D.uncomfortable
E.to remember

Fire can help people in many ways. Fire can heat water, (41)##_ your house, give light and cook food. But fire can burn things too. Nobody knows (42)##_ people began to use fire. One story from Australia tells about a man a very long time ago. He went up to the sun by a rope and brought fire down.

Today people know how to (43)##_ a fire with matches. Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous.

Fire kills people every year. So you must be careful about matches. You should also learn to (44)##_ fires. Fires need oxygen. Without oxygen they die. There is oxygen in the air. Cover a fire with water, sand, or in an emergency, with your coat or a blanket. This keeps the air (45)##_ a fire and kills it.

Be careful with fire, and it will help you. Be careless with fire, and it might hurt you.
(1).
A.warm
B.put out
C.make
D.how
E.from

(2).
A.warm
B.put out
C.make
D.how
E.from